Executive Director Position
The United Way of Northeast Michigan is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. The director is accountable to the Board of Directors and serves as the general manager and fiscal agent and is employed by the Board of Directors. The director, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, represents and promotes the United Way to all components of the communities served.
Skills, knowledge and abilities for the position are as follows:
· Effective personal impact and verbal communication skills, making the United Way and its objectives understandable and attractive to all facets of the cultural, educational, social and economic diversity of the area;
· Ability to work effectively with community leaders, donors and applicants demonstrating a blend of leadership presence and cooperative work style;
· Capacity to help determine community needs;
· A compelling commitment to the philanthropic sector and to the betterment of the quality of life for the residents of the area;
· Experience with health & human care charitable organization management, educational administration and business management;
· Professional experience in administration, communications, development, fundraising, fund distribution and volunteer recruitment;
· Strong administrative, organizational, written and oral communication skills;
· Initiative, self-discipline and the ability to work without supervision while serving and motivating others;
· A high level of analytical ability required in order to monitor and refine United Way systems and procedures and ensure compliance with governmental rules and regulations;
· Be proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and be willing to learn and work with other software technology required for the position;
· Experience in the non-profit field is preferred.
This is a salaried position with a salary range of $33,000 - $36,000. The position also offers a health insurance stipend, retirement and life insurance benefit package. Applicant must agree to a background check.
Submit a cover letter and resume with business & personal references via email to email@example.com with subject line of resume or mail to United Way of Northeast Michigan, 701 Woodward Avenue, Alpena Michigan 49707, before July 15, 2019. United Way of Northeast Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.
Shari A. Cloft
2018/2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Staci Chroninger, Mid Michigan Medical Center
Vice President: Ed Klimczak, Allegra
Secretary: Michelle McEwen, AAACU
Treasurer: Anne Marie Smith, mBank
Past President: Dave Szydlowski, NEMROC
Alison Jakubcin, Alpena Alcona Area Credit Union
Lyn Kowalewsky, Alpena Community College
Rev. Paul Lance, First Congregational UCC
Dan O’Connor, Alcona Community Schools
Matt Poli, Alpena Public Schools
Scott Reynolds, AMA Educational Service District
Kim Schultz, Law Office of Kimberly Schultz